NetSuite vs SAP Business One
Businesses are embracing the importance of a cloud-based ERP system and feeling the urgency to modernize.
In order to lay a complete foundation for business expansion and growth, companies are understanding that their former methods are not today’s industry standards. The modernization of the entire IT framework is essential for businesses to ensure clarity, visibility, adaptability and the scalability required for growth.
Hosted cloud solutions, struggle to meet the needs of businesses today or in the upcoming century. SAP Business One mirrors conventional legacy software that has been engineered for the cloud. Its software is accessible through a browser, utilizes a hosted single-tenant solution, and is faced with a version-locked, complicated IT configuration that often creates business disruption.
Modernized SaaS systems empower a cohesive data model that aids in enhanced decision making. According to Gartner, “Cloud is the number one technology affecting IT today. By 2021 more than half of the global enterprises already using cloud today will adopt an all-in cloud strategy.”
Businesses with a cloud-first approach have wildly benefitted from the framework of the application rather than the components. Organizations have lowered costs and increased speed, security, flexibility, and total cost of ownership, permitting faster deployment procedures, ease of use and reduced risk in the cloud. Cloud-based ERP systems allow companies to react to market movement.
What is a hosted cloud?
Not all cloud systems are true cloud systems. True cloud solutions are built and operate in the cloud with a multi-tenant environment, are always on the current version, and continue to scale with your business as it grows.
- Single/Hosted Tenant SaaS
- Not Scalable
- Version Locked
- Multi-Tenant SaaS
- Designed for the Internet
- Flexible & Adaptable
When a company mistakenly implements a software with a hosted cloud framework, the following struggles are inescapable:
- Deferred upgrades
- Expensive modifications
- Undetermined integrations
- Overbuying software licenses
- Insufficient security
- Excessive downtime
NetSuite vs SAP Business One – The Major Differences:
1. NetSuite is fluently tailored, configured and customized to meet individual business needs that NetSuite customers can do themselves.
NetSuite sustains a point-and-click, rapidly changing infrastructure of interfaces, roles, and reports, without the knowledge of complicated code. SAP Business One involves a disconnected MS Visual Studio tool for modifications and services help for even the slightest changes.
2. NetSuite is the #1 True cloud.
NetSuite leads the industry in implementations. NetSuite has more than 18,000 customers operating on the same multi-tenant cloud version. It is 10 times larger than the next largest competitor in the cloud ERP market and ranked leader in Worldwide SaaS and cloud-enabled midmarket ERP applications by IDC Marketscape. SAP has a small amount of ERP customers on its cloud versions and is slowly making the shift to hosted cloud development.
3. NetSuite provides up-to-the-minute, drill down, custom-made reporting.
NetSuite utilizes a single database for all business information allowing users to construct individualized reports and drill down into many detailed layers in the system. SAP requires a supplementary SW package (SAP Crystal Reports) for custom reporting but does not offer drill-down reporting options.
4. NetSuite offers implementations at a fixed cost.
Every single SAP purchase is an individual build and so are its costs. Implementations often are underestimated and run over budget, pushing customers to deplete space and discover the need for an upgrade shortly after months of use. (Learn more about NetSuite pricing).
5. NetSuite maintains a consistent user interface across the entire system.
SAP is working towards a harmonious UI but has not yet harnessed this on a regular basis. In order to sustain the same level of functional capabilities that NetSuite offers, SAP needs to utilize other products at every stage of the user interface expansion.
NetSuite’s True Cloud Benefits:
- NetSuite is scalable, cost effective and customizable to meet unique business needs.
- Its multi-tenant, modern, cloud-based ERP application grows and scales with your business.
- Streamlined and automated business processes.
- NetSuite is always current, accessible anywhere and efficient.
- Run your business on a single solution across all departments with your unique business requirements.
- NetSuite offers proven best practices to get your system up and running successfully.
- Eliminate IT hassles and reduce total cost of ownership by up to 50%.
Switching from SAP Business One to NetSuite is hassle free.
Don’t let your outdated software hold you back. The new decade is less than 3 months away, and it’s time to make a change to better your business future. Whatever your business size, whatever solution you are using now—you’ll beneﬁt by switching to NetSuite’s true cloud solution.