How Inventory Control Can Improve Your Business
What is Inventory Management and why is it vital for your business?
Inventory management provides the visibility of stock, the knowledge of when to order, and how to track stock so it arrives on time. Inventory management reduces risks, lowers costs, improves cash flow, and ensures that customers get what they want when they need it.
In order to have effective inventory management, businesses must have real-time data to accurately forecast, track trends, shift with demand and make quick and informed decisions.
4 Major Supply Chain & Inventory Management Trends:
1. Supplier diversification
3. Enhancing e-commerce
4. Moving towards cloud-based technology
Businesses are focused on building a resilient supply chain that allows them to quickly adapt to changes and disruptions. Learn the major benefits of NetSuite’s cloud-based ERP to help you lower operating costs, gain better visibility of the entire business, and easily scale as your business grows.
Preserve Your Supply Chain & Strengthen Your Business
NetSuite Inventory Management provides a wide array of capabilities to optimize inventory availability and levels. NetSuite can help your business to gain an in-depth, real-time view of key suppliers, shop floor performance indicators, manage inventory automatically.
With NetSuite, you’ll be able to better manage inventory levels and better meet fulfillment expectations for maximum customer service. NetSuite provides the features and tools to make the visibility of your inventory happen by tracking cycle counts, inventory in multiple locations, distribution requirements planning, safety stock, demand planning, re-order points, and cycle counts.
NetSuite Success Story: Learn how how NetSuite’s inventory management solution automates and helps minimize manual processes throughout the business. Learn how Speedmaster drives supply chain efficiencies and scale globally with NetSuite, the leading cloud ERP solution.
• Managing Unplanned Disruptions in Inventory Management
• What is NetSuite
• Why Companies Choose NetSuite ERP
• Get NetSuite Pricing
Protelo is a top-tier NetSuite partner fueled with NetSuite experts who understand your business.
Contact our NetSuite team today for:
• Get a customized NetSuite demonstration from our team
• A personalized 14-day trial of NetSuite ERP, if necessary.
• NetSuite pricing & a full project quote for your business (obligation-free).
What Is Inventory Forecasting?
An accurate inventory forecast is invaluable, especially when supply chains and consumer demand are changing rapidly. Getting forecasts right requires a complex mix of statistical and mathematical data analysis, experience with the business and customer insights.
Learn the common Inventory management challenges that businesses are facing and how better forecasting helps businesses succeed in today's competitive marketplace.
NetSuite Inventory Management Features
NetSuite provides extraordinary abilities for tracking inventory across multiple locations, physical locations, and sub-locations. Physical locations can be hierarchical, offering the creation of sub-locations, and the ability to subdivide locations into bins for precise tracking. After the bins have been defined and locations have been determined, any item can be stored in any location to provide a complete view of inventory levels across all locations.
It is imperative for businesses to keep up with their inventory levels to maintain accuracy, lower overhead costs, and reduce required safety stock. NetSuite’s Inventory Count feature enhances the tracking you need to gain control over your assets, categorize items based on volume or value and provides periodic counts of on-hand item quantities.
NetSuite makes inventory management, replenishment, and multi-location planning an automated process. NetSuite provides a calculated system with preferred stocking levels, lead times, re-order points, and automatic suggestions in the order items list.
Businesses need to have complete visibility of their inventory, and the ability to track products through their entire lifecycle. NetSuite provides the ability to define assembly items and inventory as being lot or serial tracked and enforces the capture of detailed information on every transaction for full traceability.
Optimize Inventory Levels & Processes
NetSuite demand planning capabilities enable top-notch inventory management and lean business operations. Purchasing and inventory managers can calculate demand based on historical data, sales forecasts, average trends, and seasonal fluctuations. NetSuite demand planning gives you full flexibility and control in setting timeframes, preferred stock levels, and other parameters while offering built-in functionality to help you streamline and automate select tasks. Close the loop by generating supply plans, creating and executing purchase and work orders seamlessly.
- Take advantage of flexible parameters for time intervals (weeks or months) and projection methods (historical data, sales forecasts, average trends, seasonal fluctuations).
- Keep up with ever-changing business needs by reviewing and manipulating demand plan results.
- Generate demand plans based on preferred stock levels set on a company or per-item basis.
- Save time by automatically generating purchase or work orders.
- Give users the power to set up or adjust calculation methods and criteria governing purchase and work order creation and execution.
- Streamline assembly by factoring in multi-part assembly and sub-components.
- Demand Planning Engine
Calculate demand projections based on historical data, sales forecasts, average trends, and seasonality.
- Supply Chain Intelligence with MRP
Leverage MRP parameters (forecast consumption, lot sizing methods including periods of supply, demand, and planning time fences) to calculate a supply plan with recommended purchase and work orders as well as rescheduling in/out and cancellation alerts.
- Available to Promise
Gain real-time visibility into item availability to determine projected ship dates for customer order fulfillment.
- Gross Requirements Inquiry
Model expected sales and purchase orders to see the impact to future inventory levels.
- Distribution Resource Planning
Plan inventory levels across multiple retail, distribution, and production locations using networks that transfer stock in a timely manner.
Inventory & Warehouse Management
Total Visibility and Control of Your Supply Chain
NetSuite’s inventory and warehouse management software lets you consolidate your inventory systems into a single, integrated warehouse inventory control solution.
With NetSuite’s inventory control software, you can efficiently manage every stage of the product life cycle as well as your different lines of business. Efficiently manage inventory levels for stronger control of inventory operations.
- Carry more items without needing more space.
- Optimize demand planning, logistics, warehousing, and distribution.
- Boost invoicing accuracy.
- Track end-to-end product history from origin to destination.
- Automate the replenishment of your inventory based on hardwired thresholds.
- Eliminate stockouts to maintain customer satisfaction and continuity.
- Streamline restocking.
- Simplify pricing, inventory status, and description management of matrix items.
- Create continuity in unit measurement across your website, retail stores, and partner channels.
- Demand-Based Inventory Replenishment
- Landed Cost & Margin Management
- Bin Management
- Serial & Lot Number Tracking
- Support for Matrix Items
- Multiple Units of Measure
Purchasing & Vendor Management
A Smoother Process for All Involved
NetSuite’s purchasing and vendor management capabilities reduce spending on goods and services, streamline procure-to-pay processes, and ensure compliance with corporate policies. Through a self- service Employee Center, employees can open and track purchase orders and other transactions themselves. Automatically routed approvals eliminate unnecessary spending while enforcing corporate policies. NetSuite’s self-service vendor portal reduces time spent handling vendor inquiries and makes it easier for them to do business with your organization.
- Run Lean Operations
Manage every step of the product life cycle from factory to store with an integrated manufacturing and wholesale distribution solution.
- Strengthen Vendor Relationships
Collaborate with suppliers, vendors, and partners by providing self-serve access and real-time visibility.
- Forecast with Confidence
Anticipate demand with better accuracy to maintain sufficient inventory levels.
- Timely Information and Insight
Improve business performance with real-time access to work order information, inventory, and related costs.
- Integrated Process Workflow
Manage the entire procure-to-pay process with capabilities to process requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, and payments in a single solution.
- Routing and Approval
Eliminate maverick spending with automatic routing and digital approval capabilities to authorize expenditures in accordance with company policy.
- Order Fulfillment
Fulfill orders effectively with complete bin management and cross-location visibility capabilities.
- Centralized Vendor Management
Provide vendors with self-service access to real-time information relating to the purchase order, inventory, and payment data.
Shipping & Fulfillment
Imagine A Seamless Fulfillment Process
Wasting time printing labels and documentation? Does it take your department too long to get rates and track delivery statuses? Thanks to NetSuite’s integration with top shipping carriers (i.e., FedEx and UPS®), you can manage all of your shipping needs from within NetSuite. Access to up-to-date shipping rates increases efficiency and lowers your fulfillment order processing costs.
- Automate shipping processes.
- Reduce Order Processing & Fulfillment Errors.
- Eliminate manual re-entry and order processing errors.
- Save time and resources by employing centralized customer, quote, order, invoice, and shipping information to easily reconcile tracking and delivery information.
- Gain real-time visibility into your fulfillment management performance with valuable reporting and clear dashboards.
- Electronically route orders to suppliers for drop shipping and minimize fulfillment errors.
- Improve returns processes with integration of order management and return merchandise authorization (RMA).
- Advanced order fulfillment.
- Complete integration of order and fulfillment management, logistics tracking, shipping, and customer service.
- Advanced reporting tools such as inventory turnover reports and inventory back-order reports.
- FedEx shipping integration.
- UPS shipping integration.
- USPS shipping integration.
RELATED NETSUITE PAGES
Why work with a NetSuite partner like Protelo to buy NetSuite?
THE PROTELO DIFFERENCE: One of the main reasons NetSuite Partners are so beneficial is because they are independent businesses not bound by corporate sales quotas or directives. NetSuite has a customer service team, but because of the volume of customers serviced, you can’t always get an instant answer or talk to a live, United States-based representative.
When working with an award-winning NetSuite partner like Protelo, you’ll quickly see that when you have questions, you can instantly access your designated consultant. Often times, NetSuite Partners are flexible on NetSuite pricing. Because of this, there is often more room for negotiation, which is especially helpful to smaller companies. Get personalized business guidance, one-on-one support and financing plans tailored to your business today.
Request More Information
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google
Terms of Service apply.